When I look back on 2013 it all seems a blur.
I was going to make this post a recount of the year 2013. I started writing and realised that it would be way too long and no-one would read it. Instead I’m going to list the key points of my 2013. (I scrolled through the photos on my camera to jog my memory)
- R began his 2weeks on, 1week off FIFO roster in the Northern Territory. I stayed in NSW.
- My best bud left our work and then the country to travel the world! (We miss you)
- I went to NT on R’s off week to explore! We bought our swag, went to our first Australian Outback Rodeo and saw massive jumping crocodiles.
- I applied for my dream position within the company I worked for.
- I got the dream job!! (GO ME!!)
- R quit NT job
- R found a job in Western Australia
- I resigned from dream job
- We went camping a lot
- We renovated a house (all my time watching The Block payed off)
- My Pop passed :(
- My little sister was in a near fatal car accident
- We packed up a 3 bedroom house
- We moved to WA
- My anxiety and panic disorder showed its ugly face
- I began painting/drawing
- I started a blog
- I took up Hooping
- I discovered I am somewhat gluten intolerant
- I had my first full Skype Christmas
2013 was a big year of change for myself and R. From changing jobs, renovating a house, moving across country to self evaluating ourselves as people and what we feel really matters in life.
2013 has probably been, by far, the biggest year of my life. I have let go of a lot of baggage. Both physically and emotionally. My wardrobe is easily 1/4 of the size it used to be and it still feels like too much.
I grew as a human being. I evaluated my opinions and challenged my beliefs and through this, learned I hadn’t ever developed my own beliefs or opinions.
I listened. I gained knowledge. I developed. I explored. I lived.
Here’s to 2014, hopefully not as hectic as 2013 but just as, if not more EXCITING!
Keep it real,